You have no idea how bad my heart crashed
When I found out you didn't feel the same
I had dreams of kissing you in the rain
But I guess that will ever happen
I don't think I'll ever see that face of an angel
The same way I used to
I've always held on to my child-like dreams
Like a stupid boy
I didn't know
Why couldn't I see
This isn't a movie
I'm not your everything
We don't live in a castle made of stone
You are not a queen
You are just a girl
This is the real world and people will let you down
So I guess it's time I Leave Your Land
Before I change my mind
Maybe I tried too hard
I had this happy ending planned out
Now I know it doesn't work like that
Because I didn't get my golden fantasy
I could have been your hero
But you threw me down
This wasn't how it was supposed to be
And now I know
This isn't a movie
I'm not your everything
We don't live in a castle made of stone
You are not a queen
You are just a girl
This is the real world and people will let you down
So I guess it's time I Leave Your Land
Before I change my mind
And now thanks to you
I am afraid to fall again
But I know in time
Your face will fade away
So now know that
We're not a movie
We can never be
We will never live in a castle made of stone
You are just a girl, not a Queen
This is the real world and people will let you down
So now it's time to Leave Your Land
And I'm not coming back
No comments:
Post a Comment