Sunday, May 15, 2011

Childhood Memories

Had a bunch of fights with my best friends
Called each other names and broke each others heart
As we get older, the easier it is to start a war
The innocence and joy...
Where did it go?
It's dead and gone
It ran away and we can't catch it now
It's too late, All we have are the memories

From my Childhood
The loving times I had
What happened to my Childhood?
It slipped away from beneath the cracks
What I'd give to go back
What I'd give to go back and live in it
At least one more day
But we all have to grow up

There are people that I met
But I never hear from them anymore
And how I miss the friends I had
To the family that's now laying in a cemetery
I wish I could be naive again
Naive, unaffected by the war and violence
Now I am aware
And I don't like it
Reality is too real for me
So now I will close my eyes
Close my eyes and remember happier days

From my Childhood
The loving times I had
What happened to my Childhood?
It slipped away from beneath the cracks
What I'd give to go back
What I'd give to go back and live in it
At least one more day
But we all have to grow up

I miss the innocence
I miss the laughing in the rain
I miss my kind-heart naivete
I miss the joy of being young
Not a care in the world
Just smiles and echos of nature
But I will always fight
I will always be strong
I will always rise against
And as I grow old
And about to slip away
I will look back and remember those days

From my Childhood
The loving times I had
What happened to my Childhood?
It slipped away from beneath the cracks
What I'd give to go back
What I'd give to go back and live in it
At least one more day
But we all have to grow up

No comments:

Post a Comment