Saturday, May 28, 2011

City Lights

I'm so tired of everything in my life
I can't seem to get myself out of this rust
Can't seem to get my train back on the track
I'm tired of everyday life
I just wanna run away with the wind
Maybe to a city
Where the cars are speeding
On the horizon
I wish it were that easy

There's something about the City Lights
That make me smile
There's something about the long, lonely nights
That make me wanna run for miles
One day I will run for my life
Where the City Lights
Are calling my name

I can't stop being sentimental
If only my world wasn't dried up and lifeless
Maybe if I could find a girl
That knew what love is
That saw the world the same as I do
As of now I dream for the tall buildings
With an ocean view
On a rainy day
Yeah, that's more like me

There's something about the City Lights
That make me smile
There's something about the long, lonely nights
That make me wanna run for miles
One day I will run for my life
Where the City Lights
Are calling my name

I'm tired of the country
It's so boring and frail
And the people get really mean
I am still stuck here
But one day I'll be out of here
And I will not be back here again
I'm as gone as the time that goes by

There's something about the City Lights
That make me smile
There's something about the long, lonely nights
That make me wanna run for miles
One day I will run for my life
Where the City Lights
Are calling my name

No comments:

Post a Comment