I let this girl run away
This time I'm not gonna chase her again
I said goodbye to this hollow shell
She didn't give me what I really needed
And that's truth and love
Whatever happened to combining the two?
What happened to the dreams I dreamed of you?
But everything always happens for a reason
So now I'm Going North
No more apologies to your best friend
No more dreaming of you wearing white
I think it's too late for that
But remember who really loved you
That man was me
Baby it was me
So now I burned your face from my mind
Your silence was too much
I had to move on
But I'll still remember you
You were my first love
My first real heartbreak
But please carry on
I do not and will never hate you
I just could not wait for you forever
So that's the end of this tragic story
So now I'm Going North
No more apologies from a letter
I already cleared the air
No more dreaming of you wearing white
I think it's too late for that
I think you run from love
So I'll just let you do that
But just remember who really loved you
That man was me
Baby it was me
My heart tells me to run after you and catch you
But my head knows better than that
I worked so hard for nothing
So that's the end of this concrete love
That never was...
No comments:
Post a Comment