Friday, May 13, 2011

Dream In Illusion

I used to dream to big
And look up in the clouds
I used to be a naive fellow
Who spread himself too thin
There has always been that little boy inside
Who believed people are good just because they are
I was sadly mistaken

I used to Dream In Illusion
I was so blind, I needed to open my eyes
And see the world for what it is
it's a dark, cold, and lonely place
So baby take my hand
And we'll walk this empty road alone
to face everything we runaway from

I was a happy boy at one time
So full of hope, the skies limitless
Then I grew up and darkness fell down
Made more enemies than friends
I was so ashamed
I found myself in an endless nightmare
I begged someone to wake me up
Is this real? or is it a dream?
I couldn't deal anymore

I used to Dream In Illusion
I was so blind, I needed to open my eyes

And see the world for what it is
it's a dark, cold, and lonely place
So baby take my hand
And we'll walk this empty road alone
to face everything we runaway from

Close your eyes and picture us as runaways
Free of our inhibitions, Free of the darkness
Lets run into the light for a brighter future
We'll connect to the sky
We're finally free
But then we open our eyes
And we realize
It was only an Illusion

So now that I'm grown
My illusions have died
I am no longer naive
I've opened my eyes
This world is a cold and evil place
So if your ready just take my hand
And we'll walk this empty road alone
To face everything we once ran away from
When we Dreamed In Illusion

No comments:

Post a Comment