Monday, June 13, 2011

These Four Walls

Walked through the doors
With a smile on my face
This weird new place
And some weird new friends
For once I wasn't so alone
But I was too naive to see the truth
The happiness couldn't last
It had to fade and pass away
People said some things
That made me judge myself
Pointed me to a mirror
Look I'm too fat
I told myself I didn't care
But I did deep inside
The scorpions dug deep to my heart
How dare they call me things
The things I was not
Laughed at me like an inside joke
Maybe I'm less valuable
Than a diamond that doesn't shine
The winter approaching too fast
I'll be buried in ice

You can fight
But the struggle is always pointless
The secrets will be used against you
Inside These Four Walls

Maybe I was too young to understand
Nice and cute will always finish last
It always has and always will
That has always been the pattern of my youth
Things cooled down for the next year
Found some people I thought I could trust
But who are they within the eyes?
We will never know
Angels will turn to rust

You can fight
But the struggle is always pointless
Your secrets will be used against you
Inside These Four Walls
In this fight
You will always lose
They will leave you there to fall
Inside These Four Walls

Age Fourteen
It's hard to go back
What can I say?
The worst of my life
It's like a thunderstorm
But it lasts everyday
I never was more afraid

Maybe they thought they were better than me
In my last year
My "friends" threw me away so carelessly
People treated me like an awkward fool
Pointed out my flaws every single day
This utopia has now turned to a prison
I felt so trapped, so I had to break free

So when the time came
I finally run away
And I will never be back here again
To These Four Walls
Here comes the fire
Igniting in my eyes
I want to burn all of the memories
Of These Four Walls
Maybe you will be sorry when I'm gone
But I'm gone away with the wind
I will never return again
To These four Walls
Will you remember me?
Remember, I let you have all the fun
I am not gonna fight
In my heart I have learned from the lies
Inside These Four walls
These Four Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment