Monday, June 13, 2011

Destiny

There's a voice inside of me
That tells me I'm better off alone
Because I am a demon
That won't do anything right
That's what they say
I could sit down and watch the sky
Or run off into the golden light
I haven't seemed to have found a home
I'm just slowly drifting
Your name comes up
Then my eyes are full of wonder
But you are just
A legacy within a dream

Did I grow up way too fast?
Did my heart really turn to ash?
Cause I promised you I'd never give up
Time is always passing by
And still I wonder why
My Destiny is so far away

My expectations are always high
I always end up being let down
My fears become reality
I hold fast to love
But love always drops
You have to let go
To know for sure
If it all comes back to you
It is meant to be

Did I grow up way too fast?
Did my heart really turn to ash?
Cause I promised you I'd never give up
Time is always passing by
And still I wonder why
My Destiny is so far away

I have wondered and waited for months
She has still not returned
I let go and she is still not back
I guess it's time to go home
My Destiny does not lie in your hand
It lies in mine, and it will for all time
It's okay, I'm in control again
I'm independent for the time being
I'll figure it out my Destiny someday

Did I really grow up way too fast?
Did my heart really still made of ash?
Cause I promised you I'd never give up
And I won't, I will always fight
Time is always passing by
And still I wonder why
My Destiny is so far away
I will find the meaning to my life
Someday

No comments:

Post a Comment