Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Liberation Song

I chose life over love
It was so hard for me to do
But I finally was able to
Make it though the crazy winds
I looked through the trees
To the dark, Gray skies
On the edge of the lake
There is something I felt
This Liberation has taken over
This whirlwind of tumult is over now

I felt tied
I felt drowned in a pool
Then I heard the stars sing to me
They told me it will be okay
And I finally realized that
Life isn't so bad after all

I chose freedom over control
I no longer live for anybody else
I could easily sit and dread
Or I could pray to the lord
That I can make it through
It's been 16 years
And I'm still learning
Honestly I don't know what else to think

I felt left
I felt raked into leaves
But then I heard the stars sing to me
They said it was okay
And I finally realized that
Life isn't so bad after all

Thank you God for giving me strength
Cause you know lately I need it
I just hope one day I can fly away
But I can live here for now
I don't know what to believe
I don't know where I'm going
I don't know if I'm going down or
What's gonna happen next
All I know is this
I'm gonna enjoy the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment